The Delano Royalty Organization is accepting applications from young women interested in participating in the Delano Royalty Scholarship Program. Application deadline is Friday, March 22.
Delano Royalty Candidates will compete for three positions as Delano Senior Ambassadors, with the winners being crowned during the Delano Fourth of July celebration. One of the three ambassadors will represent Delano in the Queen of the Lakes competition during the 2014 Minneapolis Aquatennial celebration.
To obtain an application form for the Delano Royalty program, contact one of the three Delano Senior Ambassadors — Emma Kopp, Kelsie Nelson, or Anna Wischmann. Forms also are available on the web site at delanoroyalty.com. All applications that are received by Friday, Feb. 22 will be put into a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to iSpa. The date of the informational meeting is yet to be determined. At least one parent/legal guardian must attend.
Kopp, Nelson and Wischmann can answer questions in regards to a particular person’s candidacy or what a year’s reign would entail. Questions also can be e-mailed to email@example.com. Find the Delano Royalty on Facebook at Facebook.com/delano.royalty and check out what the current ambassadors have done so far this year.
The Delano Royalty Scholarship Program offers opportunities to meet new people, support the Delano community and win a scholarship for volunteering.
1. A female candidate must be at least 17 years of age (junior in high school), but no more than 22 years of age, by July 1 of the festival year in which she competes.
2. All candidates must be a Delano High School student or graduate or live in the Delano School District.
3. Candidates must comply with all qualifications as set out in the entry requirements of the Minneapolis Aquatennial. Website: aquatennialambassadors.com
4. A candidate must be in good health.
5. Candidate must be a single female, and agrees that she has not been, is not now, and will not become pregnant or married during the year of reign if selected to represent Delano.
6. All applications must be returned by the second Friday in March of the Festival year. They may be returned to the Delano High School office in a sealed envelope or mailed to Delano Royalty Committee, PO Box 9, Delano, MN 55328.
7. A young woman does not need to have a sponsor to become a candidate. The Royalty Organization will be glad to get her a sponsor.