Corcoran Police

Items are selected from reports made to the Corcoran Police Department and are not intended to provide a comprehensive picture of all services provided by the Corcoran Police Department.


Corcoran Police reported a DWI arrest Sunday, Jan. 20 at 1:22 a.m. at County Rd. 10 and County Rd. 116.  Arrested was Lateasha Larae Quansah, 34, of Bloomington for probable cause of DWI, pending urine test results.


The department responded to a medical emergency Friday, Jan. 18 at 8:14 p.m. in the 222XX block of County Rd. 50.  A 66 year old male was having pain in his legs.  The patient was transported to Maple Grove Hospital by North Ambulance.


The department responded to a report of a traffic complaint on Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 9:19 a.m. in the area of County Rd. 19 and Highway 55.  The reporting party advised a refrigerator door had fallen off of a vehicle and they were afraid there might be more debris falling from the truck.  Officers checked the area and were unable to locate the vehicle in question or the debris.

The department responded to a report of a traffic complaint on Saturday, Jan. 19 at 3:20 p.m. in the area of County Rd. 116 and County Rd. 30.  The reporting party advised there was a vehicle that was swerving all over the road; it’s unknown if it’s due to the wind or not, but would like them checked on. The vehicle was gone on the Officer’s arrival.

The department responded to a report of a fire on Saturday, Jan. 19 at 4:25 p.m. in the 194XX block of Hackamore Rd.  The reporting party stated the barn was on fire, they see flames and it’s almost fully engulfed.  Officers arrived on scene and found heavy smoke and flames showing.  They were able to get the horses out of the barn safely.  Loretto, Hamel, Hanover and Maple Grove Fire Departments extinguished the fire. It was reported that the fire started from a burning barrel that was left unattended and sparks drifted over to the barn.

The department responded to a report of a garage fire on Sunday, Jan. 20 at 3:38 p.m. in the 105XX block of Maple Lane.  The reporting party stated they see smoke coming from a shed.  Officers arrived on scene and observed smoke coming from the roof of the garage. They found the homeowner attempting to extinguish the fire in the attic of the garage.  The fire was out; however the insulation was still smoldering. Hanover Fire Department arrived and removed the insulation and ceiling to remove hot spots.

up arrow
Don't Miss A Thing!

Our news stories are now available through email. Simply enter your email address below and click “Subscribe” to see the new stories every day.