Maple Grove woman dies from fire injuries

The city of Maple Grove has had its first fire-related death since the 1800s.

FireMaple Grove Fire Chief Scott Anderson said that on Dec. 30, Emily Rolighed died after her clothes caught fire from ashes from a cigarette at her residence on the 8100 block of Main Street.

“The police department responded to the call because it came through as a medical call,” Anderson said. “Our department was called after the fact to ventilate the apartment.”

Rolighed was sent to Hennepin County Medical Center’s burn unit on Dec. 30, where she later died.

“It’s too bad she had to die from these injuries,” Anderson said.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner has not yet released the official cause of death.

Rolighed, 77, died Jan. 3, 2013. She is survived by her children, Cindy (Denis) Peters, Vickie (Jeff) Krueger and Paul (Stacy) Rolighed; and 10 grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, Kenneth.

 

Contact Alicia Miller at alicia.miller@ecm-inc.com

up arrow