The City of Dayton recently completed projects that were funded through a $20,000 grant from the Minnesota Twins Community Fund.
The following items were completed as part of the grant agreement:
• Expansion of baseball field 2 from 280 feet to 300 feet.
• New aggregate/lime on all four baseball fields totaling 73 tons.
• Installation of 525 linear feet of galvanized chain link fence on field 2 where there was previously no fencing.
• Installation of 6 foot wide backstop hoods on the four existing field backstops.
• Installation of plastic yellow top cap on all outfield fence top rails on the four existing fields.
• A new irrigation controller
“This project has very positively impacted safety on the fields for the players in addition to spectators as well as utilization of the fields,” stated Erin Stwora, assistant to the city administrator in a letter to Twins Community Fund updating them on the project.