Community

From backpacks to notebooks and pencils, approximately 3,630 pounds of school supplies were donated to CROSS Services in August to help area youth be ready for their return to school. CROSS Services would like to thank those in the community for their more than $18,000 worth of school supply donations which helped fill 644 backpacks, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

MG Historic Society OCT. 16 — The Maple Grove Historic Preservation Society meets the third Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. in the Maple Grove History Museum, 9030 Forestview Lane (Public Works building), use the south driveway. Come and help us discover Maple Grove’s past. Everyone is welcome. For more information call 763-494-5983. RSD [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

OCT. 23 — Join the Team Health Care Clinic as they celebrate their recent expansion Thursday, Oct. 23 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Team Health Care Clinic located at 12217 Champlin Drive, Champlin. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be lead by a representative of the city, demonstrations by the doctors/trained staff, healthy food [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Download coupon for 50% off one item – then head to your favorite Goodwill store and brew up an awesome costume for less. By Sarah Carlson Editor, Real Housewives of Minnesota Every year, I tell myself that I’m going to top last year’s Halloween costumes. I aim to be craftier, trendier – and most importantly, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
Brought to you by

Access closed during treatment  The Lake Independence boat access in Baker Park Reserve was closed at 8 a.m. Monday, Oct. 6, to enable a contractor to treat the area in which zebra mussels were discovered. Zebra mussels are an invasive species that also have been found in Lake Minnetonka and Christmas Lake. The Baker Park [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

City awaits traffic study result The St. Michael Planning Commission hosted a public hearing Wednesday, Oct. 1, on whether to allow churches to operate in a business district, which is presently not allowed by city ordinance. Riverside Church is making the request in order to proceed with its purchase agreement of the former Cinemagic theater [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By John Holler Contributing Writer It wasn’t discussed for long, which is a rarity for the Wright County Board of Commissioners, but the county board made arguably the biggest decision of the year when it approved its 2015 draft budget and certified levy at the board meeting. For the first time in years, both the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Rogers Police responded to a two-vehicle crash Wednesday, Oct. 1, that involved a school bus. Officers responded the crash at 141st Avenue west of Rogers Drive. Officers arrived and located two vehicles that were involved. One of the vehicles was a school bus loaded with high school students. No injuries were reported. Officer notified school [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow