Community

By Lee Ann Schutz Session Daily   It has been nearly a year since the House passed the proposed Safe and Supportive Minnesota Schools Act after a highly contentious debate. Since then, HF826 has been in the hands of the Senate, but Thursday, April 3, after a 36-31 vote, the amended version returned to the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

To the Editor:   Just read managing editor Aaron Brom’s editorial on slow driving. I couldn’t agree more. I would argue that slow driving is more dangerous than a speeder in many cases. As you stated, the best plan is to go with the speed of the traffic. It’s not the slow driver’s place to [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Aaron Brom Sun Press Newspapers   Construction has commenced for the Hwy. 101 overpass that will lift the highway over County Rd. 144 in Rogers. The project will undergo three phases and is proposed for completion this fall, in one construction season. “We’re starting the first phase with temporary signals at James Road and [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Tips for electronics (E-Waste) recycling By Kaia Johnson Kemper  Guest Columnist   Love them or hate them, we all rely on electronics. Unfortunately we don’t always know how to safely dispose of them. Electronics don’t belong in the garbage. Many contain heavy metals such as lead, cadmium or mercury. Calling all cell phones Reusing or [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Matthew Davis Contributing Writer   If Champlin Park wants to improve on their fourth-place section finish, they will need their pitching and defense to get the job done. “We will be a very good fielding team with quality pitching,” Rebels coach Brian Woodley said. Ample experience returns for the Rebels around the diamond, in [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Northwest Hennepin Human Services Council is issuing a call for nominations for the Annual Invest Northwest Awards to honor local volunteers. The Invest Northwest Awards celebrate outstanding individuals, organizations and businesses in Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Golden Valley, Maple Grove, New Hope, Osseo, Corcoran and Hanover who volunteer in their community and demonstrate innovation [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

by Paul Rignell Contributing Writer   When Republican delegates from Minnesota’s 6th District met April 12 at Monticello High School, they were aware they were tasked with something new for the first time in eight years. The party’s delegates from St. Cloud and most of Stearns County, to the north and east suburban Anoka and [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Rogers Police are crediting a “humble hero” for pulling a woman out of a storm pond after she lost control of her vehicle on eastbound Interstate 94 Monday afternoon, April 14. Capt. Mike Miler was the first officer at the scene of eastbound I-94 just west of Veit Companies. “By the time I got there [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow