Spring Preview event set for May 8
More than 25 farmers market vendors will showcase, sample and sell their wares at the third annual Maple Grove Farmers Market Spring Preview. This year’s preview will be Thursday, May 8, from 3 to 7 p.m. inside the Maple Grove Community Center, 12951 Weaver Lake Road.
“Our farmers are tilling and planting; our beekeepers are placing hives; flocks and herds are returning to pasture; orchards are leafing out. Our market vendors are preparing for the season ahead,” explained Market Manager Kirsten Bansen Weigle. “We created the Spring Preview to give our customers a chance to engage with the market a little bit earlier, as well.”
The Spring Preview is a chance for customers to reconnect with new and returning vendors as well as friends and neighbors from the market community. Vendors in attendance will offer early produce, bedding plants, farmstead meats, poultry, eggs, syrup, honey, jams, jellies, canned goods, artisan breads and baked goods, flax, hummus, tabouli, pierogi and dumplings, gluten free baked goods and mixes, and much more.
Spring Preview customers may also:
• Enjoy live vocal jazz by Laura Underwood.
• Pick up an updated list of 2014 Maple Grove Farmers Market vendors.
• Draw for prizes and rewards, including market products, $2 market tokens, Maple Grove Community Center passes, and more.
• Start a 2014 MGFM Frequent Shopper Card by signing up and receiving a first punch. Earn punches with each future visit to the market. The first 200 customers to earn 5 punches will receive a $5 gift token to spend at the market.
• Receive a high-value coupon from Spring Preview Sponsor Jodi Baglien wisdom and wellness studio.
• Swipe Credit, Debit, or EBT cards at the Market Information Booth in exchange for market tokens. Tokens are accepted throughout the market (just a couple of exclusions for EBT tokens.)
• Receive a menu and recipe cards to prepare a locally-sourced Mother’s Day brunch.
The Maple Grove Farmers Market is entering its 11th season of nourishing the community. Thursday, June 12, will be the market’s opening day outdoors at the Maple Grove Community Center. The outdoor market will feature 50 vendors offering a wide variety of vendor-grown and vendor made food and consumable products. New products in 2014 include certified organic produce, grass-fed beef and lamb, heritage breed turkey (available late in the season), brewed coffee drinks, locally made soaps, potted herbs and herbal bath products, brewed coffee beverages, chocolate sauce, and more.
The market runs every Thursday (rain or shine) from June 12 through Oct. 23 outside at the Maple Grove Community Center. Hours from June to September are 3 to 7 p.m. In October hours are 3 to 6 p.m. Indoor fall/winter markets are scheduled for Nov. 6 and 20, Dec. 4 and 18 inside the Maple Grove Community Center.
For more information about the market, visit: www.maplegrovefarmersmarket.com. Follow the market at www.facebook/maplegrovefarmersmarket or on Twitter at MG Farmers Market to learn more about eating local, whole foods and supporting local growers.