Organics recycling is now available to Maple Grove and Osseo residents and businesses. Organics can be brought to Hennepin County’s Brooklyn Park drop-off facility, 8100 Jefferson Hwy.
There is no charge. Materials accepted include:
• All food scraps, including meat and bones
• Food-soiled and non-recyclable paper, including napkins, pizza boxes and freezer boxes.
• Paper plates, paper cups and paper food containers
• Paper bags and waxed paper (fast food wrappers, parchment paper, etc.)
• Coffee filters and grounds, tea bags
• BPI-certified compostable plastic utensils, cups and containers
• Other compostable items, including vacuum bags, dryer lint and ice cream and corn dog sticks
Organics are accepted from households and businesses at the Brookyn Park facility only.
Items can be dropped off Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Organics to be recycled must be in BPI-certified compostable bags with a limit of five bags per person per day.
Call 612-348-3777 for specific organic recycling requirements.