The results are in for the Light Up Loretto residential lighting contest. The deadline for voting was midnight Dec. 11 in anticipation of the Dec. 15 Canadian Pacific Railway Holiday Train visit.
Residents took photos of their homes and submitted them to be judged on Loretto’s Facebook site. Here are the final results:
• First place, 142 Creekview Lane, Tom Pedersen family residence, with 58 Facebook “Likes.”
• Second place, 180 Hillview Lane, Paul Spaulding family residence, with 55 Facebook “Likes” plus two emails to the city of Loretto.
• Third place, 152 Creekview Lane, Henry Pepin family residence, with 55 Facebook “Likes.”
• Fourth place, 275 Lorenz Street, Herb Koch family residence, with 46 Facebook “Likes.”
• 170 Hillview Lane, Lawrence Leuer family residence.
• 152 Summit Ave., Christopher Wiemelt family residence.
• 225 Mallard Lane, Anthony VanBeusekom family residence.
Area businesses donated prizes. The grand prize is a Millennium Hotel – Holidazzle Package, a $250 value. The package includes “King Club” Winter Stay and Play, a one night stay at Millennium Hotel, Friday, Dec. 20, along with complimentary parking at the hotel for the entire stay, full access to the hotel’s club lounge, a $50 Macy’s gift card and hot chocolate prior to the Holidazzle parade at 6:30 p.m.
The second prize is four tickets to a Minnesota Wild hockey game. Third prize is two club-level tickets to the Dec. 17 Wild game with free parking pass, and fourth prize is two tickets the Jan. 3. Minnesota Gophers hockey game.