One out of four families in the community live on the edge where one missed week of work, one car accident, any crisis, large or small, can start a family on a downhill spiral. CROSS Food Shelf exists to help people stay lighthearted through a temporary crisis.
Here are the facts:
• CROSS is the local food shelf that supports people living in, Corcoran, Dayton, Maple Grove, Osseo, Rogers and west Champlin.
• CROSS provides food, housing support, Meals on Wheels and low cost clothing.
• CROSS provides school supplies, birthday, Christmas and Easter gifts for children.
• CROSS serves 600 families each month (about 2,000 individuals – 57 percent are children under 25).
• CROSS delivered 812 back packs filled with school supplies for children for the 2013-14 school year.
• Since June CROSS housing support staff has assisted 14 families living in downtown shelters find permanent housing for their families.
Now based in Rogers, CROSS has been operating for nearly four decades. It is one of the few providers of assistance in the northwest Hennepin County area, as well as the sole food shelf servicing Corcoran, Dayton, Maple Grove, Osseo, Rogers and west Champlin. Over 600 families each month benefit from services provided by CROSS, which is supported by volunteers and community donations from businesses, churches, schools, and other organizations. For more information, contact us at 763-425-1050 or visit the website at CROSSservices.org.