City of Corcoran
The City of Corcoran, MN is accepting sealed bids for Class 5 gravel including all applicable taxes. This bid is accepted for 2014 and 2015 for a total of a 2 year contract. For bid specifications please see our website at www.ci.corcoran.mn.us or contact the city office at 763-420-2288. Sealed bids will be accepted until 9:00 AM on July 31, 2013 at the Corcoran city hall, located at 8200 County Road 116, Corcoran, MN 55340. The City of Corcoran reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities thereof.
(Jul. 18 & 25, 2013)
City of Medina
CITY OF MEDINA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ON ESTABLISHMENT OF
RESERVE OF MEDINA
STORM SEWER IMPROVEMENT TAX DISTRICT
Notice is hereby given that the Medina city council will meet at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 7, 2013, at Medina city hall to conduct a public hearing on the establishment of a Reserve of Medina storm sewer improvement tax district. The tax district will allow the city to acquire, construct, reconstruct, extend, maintain and otherwise improve storm sewer systems and related facilities within the Reserve of Medina subdivision and to levy a tax against property within the district to pay for such costs. The property proposed to be included within the storm sewer improvement tax district is the land being developed as the Reserve of Medina subdivision located, generally, east of Co. Rd. 116 and south of Hackamore Road. Persons wishing to express an opinion regarding this matter are invited to attend and testify at the hearing or to submit written comments prior to or at the hearing.
BY ORDER OF THE MEDINA CITY COUNCIL
Scott T. Johnson, City Administrator-Clerk
(Jul. 18 & 25, 2013)
City of Independence
CITY MUNICIPAL ELECTION
NOTICE OF FILING
July 17, 2013
NOTICE IS HEARBY GIVEN that the City of Independence will be accepting Affidavits of Candidacy for the Nov. 5, 2013 City election in which two (2) City Council Members will be elected to terms of four (4) years. The filing period will open on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. Filing will close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 13, 2013. There is a $2 filing fee due at the time of filing.
Those who terms will be up at the ending of 2013 are Councilmembers Lynn Betts and Brad Spencer.
(Jul. 25 & Aug. 1, 2013)
School District 883
Rockford Board of Education
from the June 17, 2013 Regular Board Meeting
The school board met in regular session on Monday, June 17, 2013. The following items may be of interest:
• The board recognized the Zumbathon, Student Safety Day, Math Boost program, All-Night Senior Party, students in state sport competition, and the Community Ed Advisory Council.
• The board approved the minutes from the May 20, 2013 regular meeting, staffing changes, bills totaling $1,146,272.23, nonaligned, at-will employee contracts, open enrollments, and donations.
• The board heard reports from principals Brenda Petersmeyer, Amy Denneson and Ryan Jensen.
The board heard reports from Superintendent Paul Durand and Business Manager Sandy Strozyk.
• The board accepted the QComp Annual Report as presented.
• The board approved additional staffing as presented for 2013-14.
• The board heard an update on the high school process to reform the curriculum.
• Student enrollment update was given.
• The board heard an update on the bond projects.
• The board approved advertising on the scoreboard for the multipurpose field.
• The board approved renewal of the district insurance policy to Hanover Insurance and United Heartland.
• The board approved the 2013 Pavement improvement project bid to DMJ Asphalt.
• The board approved the 2012-13 calendar revisions as presented.
• A brief update was given regarding the Corcoran ball field project and the construction of the gymnastics gym.
• Heard reports from individual board members on their committee assignments.
• A closed session was held to discuss the superintendent’s evaluation.
• The next regular meeting of the Board of Education is scheduled for Monday, July 15, 2013 at 6:30 PM in Rockford Middle School board room..
This is a summary of the minutes from this meeting as per MN Statute 123B.09, subd. 10. Official Rockford School Board minutes are posted on the district’s website at www.rockford.k12.mn.us after they are approved by the school board at the next regular meeting. If you would like a hard copy of the official minutes, please contact the Rockford Area Schools District Office at 763-477-9165 or mail your request to the district office at 6051 Ash Street, Rockford MN 55373.
(Jul. 25, 2013) SC-Jun17RegMin
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN:
That default has occurred in the conditions of the following described mortgage:
DATE OF MORTGAGE: April 9, 2008
MORTGAGOR: Shawn Self and Nancy Self, husband and wife
MORTGAGEE: Wings Financial Federal Credit Union, successor-by-merger to City-County Federal Credit Union, a credit union organized under the laws of the United States of America
DATE AND PLACE OF RECORDING: Recorded May 15, 2008, in the office of the County Recorder, as Document No. A 1088353, Wright County, Minnesota.
MORTGAGED PROPERTY ADDRESS: 6297 85th Street Northwest, Maple Lake, Minnesota 55358
TAX PARCEL I.D. NO. 206-090-001060
LEGAL DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY: Lot 6, Block 1, Van’s Island Beach First Addition, Wright County, Minnesota.
COUNTY IN WHICH PROPERTY IS LOCATED: Wright
ORIGINAL PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF MORTGAGE: $113,000.00
AMOUNT DUE AND CLAIMED TO BE DUE AS OF DATE OF NOTICE, INCLUDING TAXES, IF ANY, PAID BY MORTGAGEE: $102,938.32
INTEREST RATE AND PER DIEM: Current interest rate is 5.99%, with a daily per diem of $16.28.
That prior to commencement of this mortgage foreclosure proceeding Mortgagee complied with all notice requirements by statute; That no action or proceeding has been instituted at law or otherwise to recover the debt secured by said mortgage or any part thereof;
PURSUANT to the power of sale contained in said mortgage, the above described property will be sold by the Sheriff of said county as follows:
DATE AND TIME OF SALE: August 20, 2013, at 10:00 am.
PLACE OF SALE: Wright County Sheriff’s Office, Law Enforcement Center, 3800 Braddock Avenue NE, Buffalo, Minnesota 55313-1197, to pay the debt then secured by said Mortgage, taxes, if any, on said premises, and the costs and disbursements, including attorneys’ fees allowed by law subject to redemption within six (6) months from the date of said sale by the mortgagor(s), their personal representatives or assigns.
DATE AND TIME MORTGAGOR MUST VACATE THE PREMISES: February 20, 2014, at 11:59 p.m.
“THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE (5) WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.”
Dated: June 24, 2013
MESSERLI & KRAMER P.A.
By: /s/ Creig Andreasen
Creig Andreasen (Lic. #334832)
1400 Fifth Street Towers
100 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402-1217
Attorney in Fact for
Wings Financial Federal Credit Union
This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
(Jul. 4,11,18,25, Aug. 1,8, 2013) SC-SelfForeclosure
City of Medina
City of Medina
Annual Disclosure of Tax Increment Districts for the Year Ended December 31, 2012
TIF District Name: Drive-in Site
Current Net Tax Capacity $566,095
Original Net Tax Capacity $149,469
Captured Net Tax Capacity $416,626
Principal and Interest Payments Due in 2013 $282,615
Tax Increment Received in 2012 $388,084
Tax Increment Expended in 2012 $283,144
Month and Year of First Tax Increment Receipt 07/05
Date of Required Decertification 12/31/30
The Total Increased Property Taxes to be Paid
From Outside the District if Fiscal Disparities
Option A Applies * $35,872
* The fiscal disparities property tax law provides that the growth in commercial-industrial property tax values is shared throughout the area. In a tax increment financing district, this value sharing can either result in a tax increase for other properties in the municipality or result in a decrease in tax increment financing district revenue depending on how the tax increment financing district is established.
Tax Increment Financing District TIF 1-9 Dowtown Hamel Drive-in Site does not share its growth in commercial-industrial property tax values. This results in an increase in property taxes for other properties in this municipality. For taxes payable in 2012, this increase in taxes on other properties amounted to $35,872.
Additional information regarding this district may be obtained from the City of Medina, Scott Johnson, 2052 County Road 24, Medina, MN 55340, 763-473-4643.
(Jul. 25, 2013) SC-MedinaTIFDisclosure