West Hennepin Public Safety

The following incidents were reported by West Hennepin Public Safety between June 2 and June 15.


On June 2, at 7:21 p.m. a 55-year-old male from Minneapolis stated that he was playing pool when he and the male pool player got into a small disagreement at Vinland Center on the 3600 block of Ihduhapi Trail. The player turned around to walk away and flipped the pool cue back striking him in the knee. Both were directed to stay away from each other. No charges were issued. The two 55-year-old males are from Minneapolis.

On June 3, at 5:44 p.m. the department received a call of a fight at Vinland Center on 3600 block of Ihduhapi Trail. A 55-year-old male from Minneapolis was eating lunch and a 55-year-old male from Minneapolis asked “why are you sitting in my usual spot?” He then stood over him and started to yell. Both parties were given clear directions to have no contact with each other or they were going to be arrested for disorderly conduct.  Both understood no verbal, no written, no hand gestures, no instant messages, and no second party contact.  Both males were involved in previous altercation involving playing pool.

On June 3, at 9:13 p.m. there was a report of a parking complaint of a van parked on the middle of the road, blocking half of Ingerson Road. The owner was contacted and explained that he had been driving the van when it broke down and that he had an appointment to make and could not take the time to get the van onto his property. He stated that he thought his dad was going to take care of it and didn’t know that the van was still on the road. He apologized and stated he would call when he got it done. Flares were set out to mark the van.

On June 8, at 11:43 a.m. there was a report of an 11-year-old boy was riding his bike with his family and he had a helmet on. He was handed an “I Got Caught” Dairy Queen coupon at Town Line Road and Sunset.

On June 11, at 4:57 p.m. a 13-year-old boy and his mom were biking. The 13-year-old was wearing his helmet and the officer gave him an “I Got Caught” coupon for the Dairy Queen because he was wearing a bicycle helmet on the 2400 block of Independence Road.

On June 12, at 2:31 p.m. the department received a 911 call from a cell phone located near the northeast corner of the YMCA camp on the 3400 block of Ihduhapi Trail. Dispatch could hear several kids playing and yelling in the background. The camp director found a cell phone in the grass. It was the cell phone in question. No issues located.

On June 13, at 7:12 p.m. a victim reported she received an e-mail for an e-ticket confirmation for plane tickets that she did not purchase on the 4500 Lake Sarah Drive S. The charge on the card was a value of $1,989.65. Victim contacted both of her credit card companies and no charges were placed on either card.

Maple Plain

On June 6, at 3:24 p.m. the department received a complaint of a large amount of smoke and a huge fire in the 5000 of Main Street E. Officer found a recreational fire approximate 1 foot by 1 foot.

On June 7, at 12:01 p.m. there was an ordinance complaint of a new house is under construction at the corner of West Main and Three Oaks. Workers are starting construction at 6 a.m. every morning. Maple Plain city ordinance quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.

On June 7, at 2:21 p.m. there was a report that someone cut six catalectic convertors off cars in a business lot in 5000 block of Highway 12. Approximate loss $4,450.

On June 8, at 12:47 p.m. there was a report of a mountain bicycle left in front of a store in the 5200 block of Highway 12. Owner was not found, bicycle brought to WHPS.

On June 10, at 11:56 p.m. the department responded to a call of a suspicious male walking around a business in the 5000 block of Highway 12. Officer found a bike lying in the middle of Hwy. 12 on the median and 48-year-old male from Maple Plain jogging on Oak Street. Male was under the influence and gave a PBT breath sample of .29. Both detox centers, Mission and Main were full and he was transferred to his parents’ house where his sister took custody of him.

On June 15, at 3:17 p.m. there was a report that there were 3 dogs tied to a tree with no one around in the 5100 of Main Street East. Dogs were with three homeless persons, who stated they had just went across town for shelter in the storm and were en-route back. It was later found they were waiting for Foster Dog families to take the dogs so they can split town.