School District 883
Rockford Board of Education
from the May 20, 2013 Regular Board Meeting
The school board met in regular session on Monday, May 20, 2013. The following items may be of interest:
• The board recognized the prom committee, Thousand Hearts Day, and work on the Little Mermaid, Jr.
• The board approved the minutes from the April 15, 2013 regular meeting and May 6 special meeting, staffing changes, bills totaling $895,658.00, open enrollments, and donations.
• The board heard reports from principals Brenda Petersmeyer, Amy Denneson and Ryan Jensen.
• The board heard a report from Amy Denneson on this year’s Mentor-Mentee program.
• The board approved the EM-R and administration recommendation to wave the staff development reserves and to continue the Q-Comp program for next school year.
• The board heard an update on the bond projects.
• The board approved CliftonLarsonAllen for the 2013 audit.
• The board approved the lunch prices for 2013-14.
• The board heard updates on the recent legislation session regarding school district levies.
• The board approved membership in the MSHSL for 2013-14.
• The board approved the 2013-14 school board meeting schedule.
• The Board reviewed building handbooks.
• Heard reports from individual board members on their committee assignments.
• The next regular meeting of the Board of Education is scheduled for Monday, June 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM in Rockford Middle School board room..
This is a summary of the minutes from this meeting as per MN Statute 123B.09, subd. 10. Official Rockford School Board minutes are posted on the district’s website at www.rockford.k12.mn.us after they are approved by the school board at the next regular meeting. If you would like a hard copy of the official minutes, please contact the Rockford Area Schools District Office at 763-477-9165 or mail your request to the district office at 6051 Ash Street, Rockford MN 55373.
(Jun. 20, 2013)
School District 883