The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove will be offering several free activities and events during the summer. Camp Arbor, Kidstock and the Summer Faire concert series provide something to do for every member of the family.
All the following events take place in Arbor Park, the central courtyard area in the Shoppes.
Now in its seventh year, Camp Arbor is a free, fun and educational weekly morning camp for children ages 3-10 at The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes.
Camp Arbor consists of seven consecutive Tuesday morning events, June 11 through July 23, held between 10:30 and 11:15 a.m. Each event features: interactive, educational activity for children; complimentary face painting and snacks and special offers from participating stores and restaurants.
Camp dates and events include:
• June 11 — Art Activity presented by the Maple Grove Arts Center
• June 18 — Performance by Paul Spring
• June 25 — Slither & Slime presented by the Eastman Nature Center
• July 2 — Petting Zoo featuring fun and furry baby animals
• July 9 — Beach Party presented by Kidsdance
• July 16 — The Teddy Bear Band
• July 23 — Carnival Games
Schedule is tentative and subject to change. Activities are offered while supplies last. If the weather is inclement, the session will either be canceled or moved to an indoor location.
KidStock, presented by the Maple Grove Arts Council is a day of free activities and entertainment for kids of all ages. The day of fun will be Saturday, June 15, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Schedule is as follows:
• 10 a.m. — Teddy Bear Parade led by Panda from The Teddy Bear Band. Meet in Arbor Park by the fountain. Bring a teddy bear (or favorite stuffed friend), stroller, wagon and join the fun.
• 10:15 to 11 a.m. — Performance by The Teddy Bear Band featuring Panda
• 11:15 a.m. to noon — Dance Party with Kidsdance
• 1:15 to 2 p.m. — The Okee Dokee Brothers
• 2:15 to 3 p.m. — The Bazillions
Activities throughout the day include: face painting, Captain Jack, fair hair, music activity, art activities and piano to paint.
Visit maplegroveartscouncil.org for more information.
The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes’ popular summer concert series, Summer Faire, is back.
Grab the family, friends, and a lawn chair for relaxing while listening to area musicians. Concerts take place Thursdays, July 11 through Aug. 22, from 6 to 8 p.m. Schedule is tentative and subject to change.
The 2013 performers include:
• July 11 — Boogie Wonderland (live 70s disco)
• July 18: — Irresistibles featuring Mick Sterling (rock, R&B)
• July 25 — Tim Mahoney (alternative-pop rock)
• Aug. 1 — Keri Noble (piano-driven singer, songwriter)
• Aug. 8 — Davina & the Vagabonds (jazz, blues, roots)
• Aug. 15 — The Lamont Cranston Band (blues)
•Aug. 22 — Aimee & Boyd Lee (jazz, blues, folk, country)
For more information on any of the events, visit shoppesatarborlakes.com or call The Shoppes at 763-488-9965.