The Maple Grove Days celebration will once again feature the popular hunt for the medallion. The cash prize for finding the maple leaf shaped medallion is $500 from the Lookout Bar & Grill. Clues for the medallion hunt will be published each Thursday in the Osseo-Maple Grove Press beginning June 6, as well as on the Maple Grove Days website on Wednesdays atmaplegrovedays.org andMapleGrove.Patch.com. These clues will be updated each week through July 10 or until the medallion is found. For daily updates on whether or not the medallion has been found, searchers can call 763-494-5956.
Contest guidelines and rules are as follows:
1. In order to claim the prize, the successful searcher must have purchased a $3 Maple Grove Days button. The buttons are available for sale at the Maple Grove Community Center or from Maple Grove Ambassador candidates. Proceeds benefit the Ambassador program. Get one early.
2. The maple leaf medallion will be found on a City of Maple Grove park land area.
3. No digging will be necessary.
4. No climbing will be necessary.
5. No disassembly will be required to find the medallion, including irrigation heads, light fixtures and park equipment.
6. Searchers must not deface public property or otherwise violate laws. Please note: Park hours are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
7. Searchers assume all risk for personal injury.
8. No employees or their family members of the City of Maple Grove, The Patch or Sun Publications or members or their family members of the Maple Grove Community Organization are eligible to win.
9. The winner’s name will be announced Saturday, July 14, at the Maple Grove Days festival.
10. Taxes due on the prize winnings are the responsibility of the winner.
11. If the medallion is not found by 11 p.m. Thursday, July 11, the hunt will terminate and the money will roll to next year.
12. The decisions of Maple Grove Community Organization are final.
Please adhere to the guidelines and rules to ensure the safety and respect of all. Happy hunting.
2013 Maple Grove Days Medallion Hunt’s first clue:
By now it’s a tradition, lots of family fun.
And on top of that, there’s a prize to be won.
In a city park is hidden a brass maple leaf.
Follow these simple rules (I’ll try to be brief).
No hunting at night — observe the park hours.
You won’t have to dig, so don’t bother the flowers.
You won’t have to climb, or take things apart.
Not much more to tell you before you can start,
But this you should know, that before you can win,
See an Ambassador candidate for a Maple Grove Days pin.