Dayton will host their annual Clean Up Day Saturday, May 4 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Central Park parking lot next to Dayton City Hall, 12260 South Diamond Lake Road, Dayton.
Bare root trees and hanging basket plants will be for sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the garage behind city hall. A variety of Maple, Crab, Apple and several shrubs will be for sale. Costs are determined by tree variety. Cash or check only will be accepted.
Dog and cat vaccine clinics and registration for dog licenses will be available from noon to 2 p.m. in the Police Department’s garage at city hall. Vaccines will be offered at a reduced rate from a veterinarian and licenses will be offered at half price.
The City of Dayton is not held liable for any accidents or damage to property. Refreshments will be served in Fire Station.
The following is a schedule of fees for drop-off items on Clean Up Day:
• $5 each: Electronics— small printers, scanners, radios, computers, notebooks, Computer monitors
• $10 each: TV’s 20” and smaller
• $20 each: TV’s 21” – 30”
• $30 and up: TV’s 30” and larger
• $40 each: Console TV’s
• $10.00 and up : Carpet, &/or pad
• $20 each: Items with Springs including couches, chairs, recliners, hide-a-beds, and other items with springs
Mattresses and box springs
• $10 each: Appliances including dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, washing machine, dryer, garbage disposal, water heater, furnace, humidifier, dehumidifier, trash compactor, stove, carpet cleaners , and air conditioners. $150.00 each: Gas/ ammonia refrigerator
• $3 car tires
• $1 tire rims
• $7 other tires
• $25 for tires 10×20 and up
• $25.00 per load for demolition (Minimum Charge): Loads containing demolition materials such as sheetrock, asphalt, roofing materials, plumbing fixtures, concrete or block, wood, and pvc pipe. **Lawn mowers and bicycles and all other steel must have rubber, plastic, and liquids removed.
One load means a pick-up truck or equivalent sized trailer. No commercial loads.
• No Charge: Fluorescent Lamps — Lay them carefully in a box to transport. Please be careful not to break them — Only fluorescent bulbs from home use will be accepted at no charge.
NO HAZARDOUS WASTE will be accepted. Hazardous waste includes oil filters, solvents, paint, or any undefined liquids, powders, or solids.