West Hennepin Public Safety

The following incidents were reported by West Hennepin Public Safety between March 25 and March 31.


On March 29, at 2:09 p.m. a resident reported she was walking her dog at County Road 92N/Lake Sarah Road and found very drug paraphernalia lying in the grass by the Hennepin County sign. Officer found two multicolored glass pipes commonly used for smoking marijuana in the ditch.

On March 29, at 8:47 p.m. there was a report that two males had been fighting and were now separated on the 3600 block of Ihduhapi Trail. A 22-year old-male from New Ulm turned on the lights as he walked through a common area room where residents were watching TV with the lights off. A 54-year-old male from Minneapolis and the 22-year-old got into an altercation on turning on the lights. Neither party wanted to press charges. Staff was told to separate the two.

On March 30, at 4:31 a.m. a resident called stating someone was shining a flashlight in her window. While the officer was en route she called back and said to cancel because it was just lightening on the 7800 block of Turner Road.

Maple Plain

On March 25, at 10:12 p.m. a resident reported a Fed Ex package was delivered to his house on the 5900 block of Three Oaks and when he arrived home it was gone. The next day the resident found a note on his door from a UPS driver advising he had delivered the package to the wrong house.

On March 30, at 10:14 p.m. a 51-year-old female from Maple Plain was found lying in a ditch at Highway 12/County Road 29. The female had driven her motorized wheelchair into the ditch and was trapped down in the ditch. The ditch was steep and narrow with water running in it. The female stated she had been there over an hour, nobody noticed her and she had held her lighter up hoping as people drove by they would see her. She was cold, suffering from hypothermia and was transported by North Memorial Ambulance to the hospital.

On March 30, at 11:48 p.m. a 79-year-old male from the 1500 block Wyman Avenue left home, is always back at 11 p.m. and had not returned. The male was located at a bar on Hamel Road, was sober and had planned to return to the home at 1 a.m.