The following is a summary of some of the recent actions taken by Dayton City Council since Jan. 1.
JAN. 8 MEETING ACTIONS
At the Jan. 8 Dayton Council meeting, council
• Approved cigarette/tobacco licenses for Sundance Golf and Bowl, Daytona Market, PDQ Food Store, Coyote Liquor and Wiser Choice Liquor.
• Approved mechanical amusement devices licenses for Sundance Golf and Bowl and Dayton Bar and Grill.
• Set Monday, April 1 as the date for the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization.
• Set Tuesday, Jan. 29 as the date to interview candidates for the vacant council seat.
• Designated Champlin Dayton Press as official newspaper with the Minneapolis Star Tribune as alternate.
• Designated 21st Century Bank, Wells Fargo and UBS Financial Services, Inc. as official depositories.
• Approved numerous appointments to various commissions and organizations (See news article “Dayton Council designates official appointments” for further details.)
• Authorized purchase of a new squad car from Dodge of Burnsville per state contract pricing and approved the exemption from the purchase policy for the installation of the equipment by Enforcement Lighting.
JAN. 22 MEETING ACTIONS
At the Jan. 22 Dayton Council meeting, council
• Approved advertising for a planning associate staff position.
• Approved a resolution for City of Dayton’s participation in Hennepin County’s My Cases Pilot Program for Adult Court Electronic Access for Prosecutors.
• Approved 2013 water, sewer and cable budgets.
• Approved a reduction in the retainage fee for Knife River regarding the South Diamond Lake Road project. The retainage will continue to hold $15,000 to cover any seeding or other restoration issues that may arise in the spring.
The council interviewed applicants for the council vacancy Tuesday, Jan. 29. Their selection was made after the Champlin Dayton Press deadline for this issue. See the website at www.pressnews.com for news on who was selected as the newest council member. They will attend their first council meeting Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Contact Mindy Mateuszczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org