Osseo Area Source of Information and Support (OASIS) meetings for parents of children with learning and behavioral differences including but not limited to ADHD, ADD, LD, EBD, ODD, OCD, anxiety, autism, depression and bipolar will end for the school year.
The meeting takes place Mondays at Weaver Lake Elementary School, 15900 Weaver Lake Road in the media center.
The presentation takes place from 6:30 to 8 p.m. People are welcome to stay until 8:30 p.m. to continue the discussion.
The following are upcoming meetings dates and topics with speakers:
• Jan. 28 — Hal Pickett, PsyD, Director of Client Services at Headway Emotional Health will speak about “Teens, Stress, and Depression.”
• Feb. 25 — Susan Gatto, LICSW, Therapist at PrairieCare will be talking about “Anxiety in Children and Adolescents.”
• March 18 — Char Myklebust, PsyD., Executive Director of Mental Health and Partnerships at ISD 287 and Associate Director of Training with Hawn Foundation will speak about “Your Brain on Social Emotional Learning.”
• April 15 — Nicole Ross, MA, will be the guest speaker. The topic is to be determined.
• May 20 — Instructor Lora Matz, LICSW, Clinical Education Specialist at PrairieCare, will speak about “Stress Busters.”
Child care will be offered but will stop promptly at 8:30 p.m. Contact Weaver Lake Elementary at 763-420-3337 prior to meeting.
OASIS is sponsored by PrairieCare, Weaver Lake Elementary School, ISD 279 Dept. of Social Work, The 279 Foundation, District 279 Community Education and supported by volunteer parent and professional facilitation. These programs are open to all parents, caregivers and staff.
For more information call Jen Holper at 952-334-7755 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Joanne Wallen at 763-315-7613 or email@example.com, or Connie Posl at 763-315-7363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.