Osseo businesses collect Toys for Tots
Christmas time is here and the Toys for Tots program, sponsored by the brave men and women of the United State Marine Corps Reserve, is underway.
The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate children that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens. For the 2011 drive, the Toys for Tots program collected and distributed 218,000 toys to over 157,000 children in the Twin Cities metro area.
This year, through the Osseo community’s support, the city and Osseo Police Department can give a brighter Christmas to many more children in need, by bringing a new and unwrapped toy to any of the drop off sites within the city of Osseo.
Toys will be accepted beginning Monday, Nov. 19 and will end Tuesday, Dec. 18.
Drop off sites in Osseo include:
• Dean’s Supermarket — 312 Central Avenue
• Dick’s Bar — 205 Central Avenue
• Duffy’s Bar and Grill — 337 Central Avenue
• Holiday Gas Station — 124 Central Avenue
• Lawinger Consulting, Inc. — 106 Central Avenue
• Lynde’s Restaurant and Catering — 209 County Road 81 (Offering a free meal every Tuesday when bringing in a new/unwrapped toy)
• Olympia Café — 247 Central Avenue
• Osseo City Hall — 415 Central Avenue
• Osseo Meat Market — 344 County Road 81
• Osseo Police Department — 408 First Avenue N.W.
• Premier Bank — 301 Central Avenue
• State Farm Insurance — 530 Central Avenue
Make room on that Christmas shopping list for a child in need.
If anyone has any question, contact Office Anthony Mortinson at 763-424-5444 or by e-mail at email@example.com.