The General Federated Women’s Club of Delano(GFWC) is seeking nominees for its 2013 “Citizen of the Year” award. The deadline for receiving nominations is Monday, Dec. 3.
The winner will be honored at the GFWC annual Citizen of the Year Banquet Saturday, April 13. Mail nominations to GFWC Citizen of the Year Nomination, c/o Jeanie Pilarski, 213 Fourth St. N., Delano, MN. 55328 or email them to email@example.com. They must be in writing and signed by the individual or group making the nomination.
GFWC is seeking nominees from all groups and organizations in the Delano area. The nominee need not be a member of your organization. The selection committee needs to know about a nominee’s family, work, volunteerism, other community involvement and activities outside the local community. Detailed information is very helpful in make the best selection.
Submit a letter with details, bearing in mind that selection will be based on the following criteria, which will be taken into consideration for Delano Citizen of the Year:
• Contributions to the welfare and betterment of the community.
• Evidence of lasting contribution to the community — length of service.
• Diversity of activities — participation in community activities and civic enterprises.
• Cooperation with individuals and civic organizations.
• Degree of involvement — list number of years, offices that nominee holds or has held.
The award will be conferred for achievements, leadership and service to the community. Nominees must live in the Delano or surrounding area. Please include the name, address and phone number of the nominee, along with the name, address, phone number and signature person making the nomination with your nomination letter.