Santa will be making his way to Independence and Maple Plain Saturday, Dec. 1, for an early visit, as he has for many years. He will be accompanied and assisted by the West Hennepin Public Safety Reserves and officers as he travels on a decorated float with Christmas music.
‘Santa’s helpers’ will be handing out candy to area youngsters.
Reserves will also be collecting voluntary non-perishable food donations for area food shelves. Non-perishable food donations can also be left at the Maple Plain City Hall, 1620 Maple Avenue, or the Independence City Hall, 1920 County Road 90, by Nov. 30.
For those who prefer donating cash, the money can be mailed to or dropped off at the West Hennepin Public Safety office, 1918 County Road 90, Maple Plain, MN 55359, by Nov. 30.
If anyone would like to make a donation to the Reserve Program, checks should be made payable to West Hennepin Public Safety Reserves.
Come to the Independence City Hall parking lot (1920 County Road 90) from 3:15 to 3:30 p.m. or the Maple Plain City Hall parking lot (1620 Maple Avenue) from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m. To meet Santa and take photos, or see Santa on his route through town.
Santa’s route and schedule (times are approximate) are:
• 3:15 to 3:30 p.m. — Independence City Hall
• 3:40 p.m. — Fieldstone Place
• 4 p.m. — Providence.
• 4:35 p.m. — Maple Plain Community Church, North Budd Avenue.
• 4:45 p.m. — Independence Street, Howard Avenue and Drake Street.
• 5 p.m. — Perkins Lane, Independence Street, Howard Avenue and Main Street E.
• 5:15 to 5:45 p.m. — Maple Plain City Hall
• 5:50 p.m. — Budd Avenue, Bryantwood Drive, Joyce Street and Bryant Street.
• 6:15 p.m. — Prairieland Avenue, Joyce Street and Wyman Avenue (Haven Homes).
• 6:40 p.m. — Bryant Street and Pioneer Avenue.
• 7:15 p.m. — Main Street W., Halgren Road, Parkview Road and Rainbow Avenue.
• 7:35 p.m. — Main Street W., Parkview Road and Three Oaks Avenue.
Anyone with questions regarding this year’s program can contact West Hennepin Public Safety at 763-479-0500.