The 2012 General Election is Tuesday, Nov. 6. Polls open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. to voters.
Up for election in Albertville are seats belonging to Mayor Mark Meehan (two-year term) and councilors Larry Sorensen and John Vetsch (four-year terms). Filing are current councilor Jillian Hendrickson for mayor. She is joined by mayoral candidate and former mayor Donald Peterson. Filing for council are Sorensen and Vetsch, and challengers Paul Turpin, Mark Barthel, James Krutzig and Rob Olson.
Up for election in Corcoran are seats belonging to Mayor Ken Guenthner (two-year term), and councilors George Gmach and Roz Milbrandt (four-year terms). Filing is Guenthner for mayor, and Milbrandt, former councilor Ron Thomas and Diane Lynch for council.
In Hanover, Mayor Martin Waters (four-year term) and city councilors John Vajda and Dave Malewicki are both up for four-year terms. Filing for mayor are Waters, current councilor Wendy Pinor, current councilor Chris Kauffman and Joe Kaul. Filing for council are Vajda, Malewicki, Chris Zanetti, Jeff Rengstorf and Doug Hammerseng.
Up for election in Rogers are Mayor Jason Grimm (two-year term), and councilors Jay Bunting and Rob Bell (four-year terms). Candidates squared off in the primary election. Moving on to general election ballot are Bunting and challenger Bob Ivey for mayor. On the council ballot will be former councilor Darren Jakel, Don Hall and Garrett McConnach. Candidate Steve Swanson withdrew from the race.
For the St. Michael-Albertville School Board, four-year seats belonging Jeanne Holland, Drew Scherber and Carol Steffens are up for election. Filing are Holland, Scherber and Steffens, and challenger Jim Shovelain.
New district numbers were created within the Wright County Board District 3 seat, which includes eastern St. Michael. Mark Daleiden of St. Michael is up against Tom Darkenwald of Otsego.
Wright County District 4 includes Rockford, Rockford Township, Hanover, Albertville and Precinct 1A in St. Michael. Up for election are Michael Potter, Albertville; and Mary Wetter, Buffalo.
• MN House Dist. 30B — Newly redistricted seat, includes Albertville, St. Michael and Hanover. Up for election are David Fitzsimmons (R) and Sharon Shimek (D).
• MN Senate District 30 — Newly redistricted seat, includes Albertville, St. Michael and Hanover. Up for election are Mary Kiffmeyer (R) and Paul Perovich (D).
• MN House Dist. 33A —Includes Corcoran, Greenfield, Loretto, Medina and Independence. Up for election are Jerry Hertaus (R) and Todd Mikkelson (D).
• MN Senate District 33 — Incumbent Gen Olson, includes Corcoran, Greenfield, Loretto, Medina and Independence. Up for election are Dave Osmek (R) and Judy Rogosheske (D).
• MN House Dist. 34A — Incumbent Joyce Peppin (R-Rogers) will face Adam Fisher (DFL). This district covers the north and west portion of Maple Grove and Rogers.
• MN Senate District 34 — Represents Rogers, Dayton, Osseo and parts of Maple Grove — Incumbent Warren Limmer (R-Maple Grove) faces Sharon Bahensky (DFL).
• Hennepin County Board Dist. 7 — Incumbent Jeff Johnson is running unopposed. This district includes Corcoran and Rogers.
• U.S. Congressional District 3 — Incumbent Erik Paulsen (R-Eden Prairie) will face Brian Barnes (DFL). This district includes the cities of Rogers and Corcoran.
• U.S. Congressional District 6 — Incumbent Michele Bachmann (R-Stillwater) will face Jim Graves (D-St. Cloud).
• U.S. Senator — Incumbent Amy Klobuchar (DFL) faces Republican Kurt Bills and Stephen Williams (I).
WHERE TO VOTE
Albertville voters will vote at city hall, 5959 Main Ave.
Corcoran voters will vote at city hall, 8200 County Rd. 116.
Hanover voters will vote at city hall, 11250 Fifth St.
In Rogers, all residents who live on the north side of Interstate 94 live in Precinct One and will vote at the Rogers Activity Center located at 21080 141st Avenue (Co. Rd. 144). Voting is located in the upstairs activity room. All residents who live on the south side of Interstate 94 live in Precinct Two and will vote at the Rogers Community Room located at 21201 Memorial Drive, Rogers (shared building with Rogers Fire Department).
St. Michael Precinct 1A (west of County Rd. 19) voters will vote at STMA High School, 5800 Jamison Ave.; Precinct 1B (east of County Rd. 19) will vote at STMA Middle School East, 4862 Naber Ave.