Six candidates will run for three seats on the Osseo School Board in November. The terms of Board Chair Dean Henke and directors Laura Cottington and Kim Green expire at the end of the year.
Only Henke, who is serving his ninth year on the board, is running for re-election. Cottington was elected in 2008. Green is also finishing her ninth year on the board.
The following school board candidates will be on the ballot Nov. 6:
• Brad Ehlert of Brooklyn Park — Ehlert is a principal consultant for Elert & Associates Technology Consultants (the names have no relation). This is his first time running for public office.
• Linda J. Etim of Brooklyn Park — Etim is a clinical social worker. She ran for the Osseo School Board in 2008 and has run for state house of representatives three times.
• Robert A. Gerhart of Maple Grove — Gerhart is as patent agent for Fish & Richardson in Minneapolis. This is his first time running for public office.
• Jacki L. Girtz of Maple Grove — Girtz is an independent insurance agent. This is her first time running for public office.
• Collette Guyott-Hempel of Brooklyn Park — Guyott-Hempel is a paraprofessional with Minneapolis Public Schools. She has run for the Osseo School Board each election since 2003.
• Dean Henke of Maple Grove — Henke is a financial analyst. He is also the current board chair and is finishing his second term on the school board.