Anoka-Hennepin School District administrative offices move to Anoka
The Anoka-Hennepin School District consolidated administrative offices in Anoka at 2727 N. Ferry St. The building was formally known as the Learning Center/Distribution Center; the new name is the Educational Service Center.
While the address for district administration has changed, all phone numbers will remain the same. To confirm a staff person’s new location, please call the staff person or the district’s main number, 763-506-1000, for assistance.
The former Educational Service Center, located at 11299 Hanson Blvd. NW in Coon Rapids, is for sale.
Combining staff at one location will save the school district money through energy savings and travel costs. The district is always seeking ways to reduce administrative and operational costs to put more taxpayer dollars into educational opportunities. This allows the district to maximize learning opportunities to prepare students for life.
Some staff located in the Ferry St. building have been re-located to the new Sandburg Educational Center. In addition to staff offices, beginning Sept. 24 the School Board will meet at Sandburg. Improvements, such as a handicapped accessible entrance, energy efficient widows and updating the former library for School Board meetings, were made to the building. Thanks to careful oversight, the building project came in $1 million under budget.